Bunnies are arguably the cutest pets on earth, so they deserve the cutest bunny names.
Their long, floppy ears, soft fur, and adorable faces send them straight to the top of the loveable scale.
With a sweet and playful temperament also makes them brilliant pets for children, and therefore they need a brilliant name to match.
Once you have chosen your perfect bunny, it can often be hard to find its perfect name.
We have put together a list of over 350 unique and varied rabbit names to suit any breed of bunny, from a Mini Lop to a Mountain Cottontail.
So enjoy choosing, hop on over here to explore the best names for your furry bunny!
Cute Bunny Names
With over 60 breeds of rabbit to choose from, the selection process is fun and exciting.
What would a cute pet bunny be without a cute name to match?
Finding an adorable name for your rabbit is ideal, but, it can be tricky without some inspiration.
Naming your bunny after your favorite type of sweet or flower is a cute idea, as it can result in some adorable names such as ‘Jellybean’ or ‘Daffodil’.
Cute bunny names are often short and sweet, so practise saying them aloud to see if they suit your furry pal.
Rabbits can vary in size, therefore a cute name is perfect for smaller breeds, such as an Angora Rabbit or a Mini Plush Lop.
Our Favorite Name
Our favorite cute bunny name is ‘Peanut’. This small nut is a perfect name for a tiny rabbit who fits in your arms and loves a cuddle
- Angel – for your perfect pet
- Aurora – a disney princess
- Binky – meaning ‘a baby’s dummy’ (so cute!)
- Bon Bon – ‘sweets’ in French
- Buddy – for a pet who is also a best friend
- Carrot – the classic bunny food
- Chubby – perfect for a cute, round bunny
- Clementine – or ‘Clemmie’ for short
- Cowslip – a type of primrose flower
- Daffodil – a beautiful, spring flower
- Easter – based on the ‘Easter Bunny’
- Goldie – perfect for a stunning, golden-furred bunny
- Honey – sweet like a loveable bunny
- Jellybean – sweet and fun
- Petal – the most beautiful part of the flower
- Twinkle – cute and fun!
- Yogi – after fictional, cartoon bear ‘Yogi Bear’
Unique Bunny Names
Finding a name for your bunny is great, but finding a unique rabbit name that makes them stand out from the crowd is even better.
It is often hard to find an original name, but, using different languages and exploring ancient words to describe your pet is a fab way to get started.
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
If you think a unique and quirky name would suit your pet, more than a classic bunny name, then go for it!
We have compiled a list of 50 unique names to give you some inspiration.
Our Favorite Name
Meaning ‘bunny’ in Croatian. Croatian is a beautiful language, but not commonly used in pet naming, and the word ‘Zeko’ is both quirky and interesting, making it the perfect unique name
- Astro – relating to the stars or celestial objects
- Elmer – the patchwork elephant
- Enzo – the short version of Italian names such as ‘Lorenzo’
- Etoile – French for ‘star’
- Fenek – ‘bunny’ in Maltese
- Figaro – a Parisian newspaper
- Fofo – ‘cute’ and ‘fluffy’ in Portuguese
- Lindo – Spanish for ‘cute’
- Loki – the trickster god of Norse mythology
- Luigi – Mario’s sidekick!
- Magoo – after cartoon character ‘Mr Magoo’
- Mignonne – French for ‘cute’
- Mullido – Spanish for ‘fluffy’ and ‘soft’
- Oslo – capital of Norway
- Othello – one of Shakespeare’s heroes
- Rylee – an Irish name meaning ‘courageous’
- Waikiki – a neighbourhood in Hawaii
- Zephyr – meaning ‘a soft, gentle breeze’
- Zimba – a town in Zambia
Funny Bunny Names
If you are looking for a funny bunny name, such as a rabbit-related pun on the name of your favorite celebrity, or just a general bunny pun, then you’ve come to the right place.
We have got loads of comic names for you to explore, but if you want to come up with your own, here are some tips:
- Think of as many words as possible associated with bunnies
- Think of your favorite celebrities
- See if you can replace parts of their name with the word associated with your bunny
Our Favorite Name
combining the word ‘hop’ with the American actor David Hasselhoff, perfect for fans of ‘The Hoff’s’ films such as ‘Baywatch’
- Alfred Hutchcock
- Anthony Hopkins
- Audrey Hopburn
- Barack O’Bunny – after the former US President
- Benedict Cumberhutch
- Big Ears
- Bun Appetit
- Bunny and Clyde – great for a duo of mischievous bunnies
- David Hasselhop
- Ears McKenzie – perfect for a big-eared rabbit!
- Flopsy Mopsy – rhyming names are always funny!
- Harry Hopper
- Helena Bunham Carter – after actress ‘Helena Bonham Carter’
- Hip Hop – a bunny’s favorite dance style!
- Hopscotch – a bunny’s favorite playground game!
- Hoptimist – for a happy-go-lucky bunny!
- Hot Cross Bun – an Easter favorite
- Jaffa Cake
- Janis Joplin – a pun on the famous American rock, soul and blues singer ‘Janis Joplin’
- Jennifur Lopez
- Jumping Jack
- Jumposaurus Rex
- Lady Bunnington
- Mad Max
- Marilyn Bunroe
- Mein Hare – a pun on the song ‘Mein Herr’ from Cabaret
- Mr Bun
- Mr Fluffy
- Napoleon Bunnyparte
- Rabbit de Niro – after Robert de Niro
- Royal Hare Force
- Warren – both a network of interconnecting rabbit burrows and a male name
- Whiskers – the cutest part of a bunny!
Famous Bunny Names
Bunnies have starred in many films, TV shows, comics and novels due to their cuteness and amazing personalities.
Rabbits are often the most intelligent and mischievous characters in films, perfectly suiting their cheeky, loveable personality.
Finding films such as ‘Watership Down’ and novels such as ‘The Velveteen Rabbit’ are great ways to find famous bunny names.
Think of your favorite animal-related film or book… we bet it contains a bunny!
We have also collated some names of rabbits belonging to famous people, such as singers Kate Nash and Miley Cyrus.
Our Favorite Name
the famous character from Lewis Carroll’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’ who is always late! This name is perfect for a white breed such as a New Zealand Rabbit
- Babbity Rabbity – from ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’ by J. K. Rowling
- Babs Bunny
- Basil Stag Hare
- Benjamin Bunny – the main character in Beatrix Potter’s ‘The Tale of Benjamin Bunny’
- Benny Rabbit
- Bugs Bunny
- Bun Bun – from the ‘Sluggy Freelance’ comic strip
- Bunnie Rabbot
- Buster Baxter
- Energizer Bunny
- Fiver – the intelligent rabbit from ‘Watership Down’
- Fluffy – the name of musician Kate Nash’s pet rabbit
- Hester – the arctic hare from Philip Pullman’s ‘His Dark Materials’
- Honey Boney
- Judy Hopps
- Lola Bunny
- March – the ‘March Hare’ in Alice In Wonderland
- Mr Floppy
- Zig Zag
- Peppy Hare
- Peter Rabbit
- Rabbit – the classic bunny name from ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’
- Rapid T. Rabbit
- Roger Rabbit
- The Rabbit of Caerbannog
- Uncle Wiggily
- Velveteen – main character in ‘The Velveteen Rabbit’
- White Rabbit
- Wolpertinger – a flying, antlered rabbit from Bavarian Folklore
- Wonder Wabbit
Black Bunny Names
Fluffy black bunnies are really cute and have beautiful, shiny black fur.
Their rarity and beauty therefore merits a special black name, associated with the color ’black’.
Look around you and notice all the black objects that make up your everyday life – you never know, this could be the inspiration you’re looking for to find the perfect name for your black bunny.
Black foods, animals, objects, and drinks make fantastic names, in addition to various translations of the word ‘black’ in different languages, and different shades of black.
It might sound difficult to find an original name for such a specific breed of rabbit, but use our ideas as a starting point, and you might just find the one you’re looking for.
Our Favorite Name
meaning ‘black’ in French. Not only is this name elegant and beautiful, it also clearly and simply states the color of your pet
- Arianna – Latin name meaning ‘dark one’
- Black Beard
- Black Beauty – from the well-known Classic novel and film
- Black Olive
- Black Rose
- Black Widow
- Darth Vader – the Dark Father from ‘Star Wars’
- Duana – an Irish name meaning ‘dark’
- Ebota – meaning ‘dark beauty’
- Foncé – ‘dark’ in French
- Nero – ‘black’ in Italian
- Ninja – known for wearing dark clothes
- Oscuro – ‘dark’ in Spanish
- Preto – Portuguese for ‘black’
- Sauda – meaning ‘dark and beautiful’
- Schwarz – German for ‘black’
- Sirius Black – after the well-known hero from the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise
- Tamisra – ‘she who is full of darkness’
Boy Bunny Names
Male bunnies, or bucks, make great pets, due to their willingness to try new things and get to know new people.
They are simultaneously cute and energetic, enjoy playing with toys and being petted by their owners.
Bucks are very curious and affectionate, therefore deserve a fun and interesting bunny name to suit their temperament.
We have collated a mixture of classic male names to suit any type of male bunny, and some more quirky names to suit an individual pet.
Our Favorite Name
it is more exciting and playful than the name ‘Ben’, therefore expressing the fun and loveable nature of bucks
- Bear – cute and cuddly
- Blaze – exciting and fiery!
- Draco – after Draco Malfoy from the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise
- Elvis – after the classic ‘King of Rock’
- Forest – wild and adventurous
- Homer – everyone’s favorite Simpson
- Knight – for the noblest of bunnies
- Little Gem – a type of lettuce and a bunny’s favorite food!
- Oliver – the classic boys name
- Rocket – for a fun-loving buck!
- Romeo – paired with ‘Juliet’ would make a cute duo!
Girl Bunny Names
Female bunnies, or does, are also brilliant pets, with skills such as forming bonds with bucks and other does, which makes an owner’s life much easier.
They are ideal companions due to their gentle, loving nature, therefore we’ve picked out some sweet names to match their temperament.
Owning two female bunnies is a great combination; they will complement each other’s gentle nature and enjoy spending time together in a hutch or outside run.
We have compiled a list of great girl bunny names for female rabbits, which we believe will suit a broad range of breeds, sizes, ages, and personalities.
Our Favorite Name
although it’s simple, it will give your doe the respect and elegance she deserves
- Tabitha – or ‘Tabby’ for short
- Buttercup – a beautiful flower
- Hermione – J. K. Rowling’s heroine in the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise
- Sandy – for a sandy-coloured Mini Lop
- Belle – meaning ‘beautiful’
- Blossom – stunning flower petals
- Ophelia – heroine in Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’
- Snowy – for a pretty, white American Rabbit
- Cassidy – ‘Cass’ for short
- Felicity – ‘Fliss’ for short!
- Cookie – a sweet treat!
- Ginger – a cute name for a red-furred bunny
- Gypsy – for a wild, adventurous bunny
- Willow – for a beautiful, laid-back rabbit
We hope you enjoyed exploring our bunny name ideas, and that it has given you some inspiration for naming your rabbit!
Bunnies are definitely some of the world’s best pets – they’re adorable, loving, and can live for around 9 years.
We believe our names showcase the brilliance of bunnies, especially names such as Fluffie, Mullido, and Sparkle, which sum up just how fun and interesting they are to own as pets.
Have fun naming your bunny, the naming process is one of the best parts of owning a pet as you can be as creative as you want.
If you have any more ideas for bunny names that we’ve missed, please let us know in the comments below.