Here is a list of over 300 White Horse Names. We are hoping one of these names catches your fancy, so you and your horse can avoid a total name night-mare.
White horses are one of the single most majestic creatures you could own, who wouldn’t want a pet that resembles a mythical creature (i.e. a Unicorn)?
They are the symbol of purity, knowledge, and grace.
Much like your decision to get one of these gorgeous horses, you will need to make the perfect choice in their name.
White horses in particular are great for punny, fantastical, and quirky names.
Pure white horses, such as the Camarillo White Horse, with their white dominance gene are incredibly rare, so a name for a white horse should be just as rare.
Names For A White Horse
These white horse names are for the more traditional owner at heart; like owning a thoroughbred Arabian horse.
For those who aren’t massive fans of puns, or for those who just like the idea of finding a name with meaning but not too much complexity and depth to it.
If you want a unique name that isn’t on the most used or popular lists in the naming dictionary for horses then the list below will help!
Our Favorite Name
meaning ‘Dove’ in Hebrew
- Adeline – Meaning ‘noble’ or ‘nobility’
- Alistair – Gaelic name meaning ‘defender of man’
- Beatrice – French meaning ‘She who makes happy’
- Caspian – The noble prince of ‘Narnia’
- Clara – Meaning ‘clear, bright and famous’
- Curtis – French for ‘polite and courteous’
- Edith – Old English term meaning ‘blessed’
- Edmund – Meaning ‘prosperity’ and ‘protector’
- Felix – Meaning happiness and spirited
- Flora – Latin ‘flos’ meaning ‘flower’
- Ingrid – Old Norse term meaning ‘beautiful’
- Katherine – Meaning ‘pure’
- Lydia – Greek for ‘kind or kindred spirit’
- Michael – Or even Michelangelo if you’re feeling a bit fancy!
- Phillip – ‘Horse lover’ in Greek
- Theodore – Derived from the Greek term ‘God’s Gift’
- Vanessa – The goddess of an ancient Greek brotherhood
- Wyatt – Meaning ‘hardy, brave, strong’
- Xander – ‘Defending men’
Male White Horse Names
White stallions as a whole are seen as a symbol of freedom, white male horses, in particular, are viewed as a symbol that possesses a somewhat higher form of significance, as they are said to symbolize the ideal balance of wisdom and power.
Male white horses are very noble, graceful animals, which makes them wonderful as domesticated pets.
In fact, most of the names in this section are dedicated to both the noble horses in literature, as well as a homage to some of their best qualities, such as their speed and agility.
White horses are also claimed as good luck and prosperity when seen in dreams, so honestly, why wouldn’t you want to bless them with a sublime name to match their nature?
If you want a name that’ll get your horse’s heart racing, then this list is definitely the one for you!
Our Favorite Name
Meaning ‘white’ in Latin and it’s and also the name of the famous Wizard Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies
- Angelo – Greek meaning: ‘Devine messenger’ and ‘Angel’
- Bolt – For the lightning fast horses
- Casper – Casper the friendly ghost!
- Flash – Bring out your pony’s inner racehorse
- Fonzie – Fonzie the bear!
- Freddie – German phrase meaning ‘peaceful ruler’
- Jon – The King of The North from ‘Game of Thrones’
- Legend – A legendary name for a legendary horse
- Milky – A very cute pun for a white horse
- Uno – For your number one horse
- Washington – White horse, white house!
- Winston – Meaning ‘joyful’
- Zephyr – Meaning ‘light and west wind’
- Zodiac – Quirky and unique
Female White Horse Names
Female horses are usually the most popular, as they are typically depicted as incredibly gentle creatures and they are typically calmer than males.
White female horses also have the appearance of unicorns – so they do look pretty magical!
White horses are very much admired in literature for their overall symbolism of purity and wisdom.
Horses truly do make lovely pets, so you’re definitely going to need a wonderful name to match their equally wonderful personality.
Our Favorite Name
Meaning ‘Pure’ – a name which matches the symbolism of the animal itself
- Angel – For the well behaved and ‘angelic’ ponies
- Anita – Hebrew name meaning ‘grace’ and ‘favour’
- Belle – A lovely classic French name meaning ‘beautiful’
- Dream – Give your horse the aesthetic of its unicorn ancestors
- Fleur – An exquisitely elegant name rooted in nature
- Gamora – One of the iconic women from ‘The Avengers’
- Ivory – A classic name that you can’t go wrong with
- Lily – A flower that is meant to symbolise purity
- Melody – Sweet and gentle
- Moon – Keeping up with the theme of astrology and light
- Snow drop
- Snowball – Snow puns for white horses!
Famous White Horse Names
Although horses are typically known for their roles in racing, this particular section will be dedicated to famous white follies.
From racing, to film, to literature, this section will provide you with some of the most iconic white horse names in the business, to help give your horse a beautiful name.
See how many classic and famous names you recognize, they might just be the ideal name for your perfect pony.
Famous Male White Horses
- Artax – The gorgeous and noble steed in ‘The Neverending Story’
- Maximus – From Disney’s ‘Tangled’
- Mister Ed – The Talking Horse
- Shadowfax – ‘The Lord of The Rings’
- White flash
- Yukichan – A famous racehorse breed
Famous Female White Horses
- Desert Orchid
- Peach Blossom
- Secret – The Unicorn from famous book series ‘My Secret Unicorn’
Names for Black and White Horses
Another very popular horse.
If your horse has some unique, and very adorable, marks and colors that set them apart from the harras, then they are the lovely “patched horse.”
These names should be able to highlight these wonderful little spots – and okay, there are a few puns in here.
All of the names on this list are the perfect mix of quirky, unique, and fitting for your new black and white horse.
To make it even better, quite a few of these names are unisex, so regardless of what gender pony you have, they’ll still be able to have the perfect name.
Our Favorite Name
A fun name for a horse with black patches
- Ajax – The Strong and Brave Greek warrior
- Batman – For the heroic horses
- Bubbles – Honestly, how could you say no to this cute name?
- Cookie – A sweet name for an even sweeter pony!
- Dancer – Put your agile and elegant horse on Santa’s good list!
- Domino – A snazzy and fitting name
- Eclipse – If you fancy a Twilight vibe
- Galaxy – A stunning and sublime sight
- Giselle – Graceful, stunning and elegant
- Hyde – From Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Midnight – Names relating to night time and the moon are always popular
- Oreo – What is black, white and sweet?
- Socks – Quirky, yet traditional
- Yin-yang – The perfect blend
White horses are some of the most majestic, loving, and noble creatures in the animal kingdom, it only makes sense to give them a name worthy of their ethereal beauty.
While they require a significant amount of attention, and more experience than typical pets, they are most definitely worth all of the effort.
Naming your white horse should be very fun!
In all honesty, the symbolism surrounding white horses will make it an even more interesting gaming experience.
You really can use your imagination when naming a white horse as you have lots of options: fantasy-based, traditional, famous figures and breeds.
Do you have any more name suggestions? Or are any of these a particular favorite? Leave us a comment and let us know.
Be the first to comment