If you’re looking for the perfect list of pig names for your new pet pig then you’ve come to the right place!
We believe pigs make adorable pets, and we’ve compiled a huge list of names to suit any kind of Pig: from funny names to suit pigs with great personalities, to cute names to suit baby and mini pigs.
If the likes of George Clooney, Miley Cyrus, and Rupert Grint own pigs, they must be something special!
Enjoy exploring our best pig names – we hope you find the perfect name for your special pet Piglet!
Funny Pig Names
Finding a funny name for your pet pig is easier than it sounds, and is guaranteed to put a smile on the face of anyone you tell it to!
The best way to make up puns is to think of all the words associated with pigs, such as ‘swine,’ ‘pork,’ ‘boar,’ and ‘trotter,’ and find names of famous people that rhyme or sound like these words (e.g. pig Mac).
Think of your favorite actors, book characters, and singers, and you might be able to replace part of their name with something associated with your pet pig (e.g. Priyanka Pork-Chopra).
Our Favorite Name
a pun on the famous fashion designer ‘Tommy Hilfiger’!
- Abra-ham Lincoln – a pun on the 16th President of the United States
- Albert Sweinstein
- Amy Swinehouse
- Arnold Porzenegger – a pun on the Austrian-American actor
- Ava Gaboar
- Barak Oboarma
- Beatrix Trotter
- Boaris Johnson – a pun on the British politician
- Calvin Swine – a pun the fashion designer
- Cedric Piggery
- Chubbs – a funny name for a round pig!
- Colonel Bacon
- Count Prokulaa
- Duke of Pork
- Elvis Pigsley
- Frank Swineatra
- Good Chop – a brilliant name if paired with another pig called ‘Bad Chop’!
- Ham Solo
- Harry Trotter
- Jennifer Lopig
- Jimi Hamdrix – a pun on the American rock guitarist, singer and songwriter
- Jimmy Dean
- Kevin Bacon
- Lindsay Loham
- Miss Piggy – after the Sesame Street character
- Patsy Swine
- Pied Piper of Hamlin
- pig Mac
- Piggly Wiggly
- Piggy Azalea
- Pigsie Lott – a piggy pun on the British singer
- Priyanka Pork-Chopra
- Sir Francis Bacon – after the English philosopher and statesman
- Snoop Hoggie Hog
- Spamderson Cooper
- Spider Pig
- Tommy Hilpigger
Cute Pig Names
Pigs make some of the world’s most adorable pets, most likely due to their cute little noses and curly tails.
They therefore deserve adorable pig names to match!
The cutest names can be found within nature, such as ‘Acorn’ and ‘Clover’, so spend some time in a park or a forest to gain some inspiration!
Most cute names also have an adorable meaning behind them, so do some research into the meanings behind your favorite names and you’re sure to find some sweet results.
Our Favorite Name
the perfect name for an adorable pig who is also your best mate!
- Adele – meaning one who is ‘serene’ and ‘noble’
- Alvin – an Old English name meaning ‘wise friend’
- Amora – the Spanish name meaning ‘love’
- Angelique – meaning ‘like an angel’
- Aphrodite – the Greek Goddess of love
- Caylen – a Native American name meaning ‘pure’
- Celestia – meaning ‘heavenly’
- Celine – meaning ‘moon’
- Daisy – after the cute and delicate white and yellow flowers
- Della – meaning ‘noble’
- Diana – meaning ‘Moon Goddess’
- Farrah – meaning ‘happy’
- Fawn – a French name meaning ‘sweet’ and ‘innocent’
- Faye – meaning ‘loyalty’ and ‘belief’
- Gwyneth – meaning ‘blessed’
- Hazel – after the beautiful ‘hazel tree’
- Juhi – a type of flower belonging to the jasmine family
- Peace – perfect for a calm and serene Pig
- Stella – meaning ‘star’
- Zahra – an Arabic name meaning ‘flower’
Best Pig Names
To find the best pig name for your pet, study their appearance, mannerisms, and temperament, as these factors will provide you with inspiration for names.
- If your pet pig is a wild and rebellious animal, then a name like ‘Charlotte’, meaning ‘free person’, would suit them perfectly!
- If your pig is always eating, a name like ‘Gorger’ would be great and hilarious!
- Maybe they’re a plump Pig, and names like ‘Waddle’ would be fitting and adorable!
Take a look at our list of the best names below:
Our Favorite Name
an adorable name for a pig with a really curly tail!
- Abraham – a comedic pig name as it contains the word ‘ham’!
- Agnes – a Greek name meaning ‘pure and holy’; ‘Aggie’ for short
- April – from the Latin name meaning ‘the beginning of spring’
- Bertha – an Old-English name meaning ‘famous’, perfect for a well-known Pig!
- Betty Lou
- Buttercup – after the wild and beautiful yellow flower
- Charlotte – a French name meaning ‘free person’
- Esther – a Hebrew name meaning ‘the morning star’, or ‘Venus’
- Gorger – a great name for a pig who loves their food!
- May – after the name ‘Maia’ in Greek mythology
- Olivia – an English name, first used by Shakespeare in Twelfth Night
- Percy – after the ‘Percy Pig’ sweets, shaped like the face of pigs
- Snuffles – the noise that all pigs make!
Good Pig Names
Good names sound as good out loud as they do on paper.
Names beginning with ‘P’, such as ‘Polly’, ‘Peanut’ and ‘Petunia’ work the best, as their alliteration with the word ‘Pig’ makes a great name… we like ‘Peanut the Pig’!
Before choosing a name, consider the type of name you are looking for.
Do you want a short and sweet name, such as ‘Bess’ or ‘Hank’, or a longer, more unique name like ‘Pompeii’?
Whatever you’re looking for, we hope you find the perfect name below!
Our Favorite Name
a sweet flavouring that will perfectly suit the most sweet-natured of pigs!
- Claudia – a French name meaning ‘little lame one’
- Honey – for a lovely, sweet-natured Pig
- Maggie – the pet form of ‘Margaret’, meaning ‘pearl’
- Martha – meaning ‘lady’ or ‘mistress’
- Party – great for an excitable pig who loves to have fun!
- Pearl – a great name for a precious pet
- Precious – for a pig who means the world to you!
- Ronald – from the Norse name meaning ‘wise ruler’
- Stinky – perfect for a pig who loves rolling around in mud!
- Sunshine – a great name for a happy Pig
- Vernon – a French name meaning ‘springtime’
- Zoe – a name based on the Greek word for ‘life’
Baby Pig Names
Baby pigs (i.e. Piglets) are so tiny and adorable that finding an adorable name to match is extremely important.
Shortened versions of names, such as ‘Cassy’ and ‘Fred’ make the best baby pig names, as they are short and sweet, just like your pet!
We also recommend double-barrelled names, as names like ‘Stella Lou’ and ‘Nora Mae’ slip off the tongue easily, and will suit any type of adorable baby Pig.
Our Favorite Name
Our favorite baby pig name is ‘Binky’, meaning ‘a baby’s dummy’, as this cute name reflects just how perfectly adorable baby pigs are!
- Angel – a Greek name meaning ‘messenger of God’
- Barney – the adorable English name, short for ‘Barnaby’ or ‘Bartholomew’
- Bruno – a cute German name meaning ‘brown’
- Cassy – short for ‘Cassidy’, the Gaelic name meaning ‘clever’
- Estella – from the Latin name meaning ‘star’
- Fred – short for ‘Frederick, the German name meaning ‘peaceful ruler’
- George – Peppa Pig’s baby brother!
- Ginny – the name of Ron’s little sister from the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise
- Matilda – a French name meaning Battle Maiden
- Minnie – meaning ‘strong protector’
- Nora Mae
- Pikachu – after the adorable Pokémon character!
- Stella Lou
- Tallulah – a Native-American name meaning ‘leaping water’
- Violet – the Latin, anglicised version of ‘Viola’
- Wilma Lou
Famous Pig Names
Pigs have featured significantly throughout literature and the media, playing the roles of heroes and villains, friends and foes.
Most books, films, and TV shows about animals have at least one pig character, so think of your favorite animal novel or cartoon and you might find the perfect pig name!
Our Favorite Name
from the Canadian TV series ‘Toot and Puddle’ – this name reflects how pigs love to get muddy and splash around in puddles!
- Agnes – from Andrew Cowan’s ‘Pig’
- Babe – from ‘The Sheep-Pig’ by Dick King-Smith
- Bebop – the mutant warthog from ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’
- Daggie Dogfoot
- Fluffy – Eric Cartman’s pet pig from ‘South Park’
- Gouger – from Terry Pratchett’s ‘Discworld’
- Gub-Gub – from ‘Doctor Dolittle’ by Hugh Lofting
- Hamhock – from the comic ‘Ink Pen’ by Phil Dunlap
- Hamm – the piggy-bank from ‘Toy Story’
- Henry the pig – from Jane Pilgrim’s ‘Blackberry Farm’
- Hen-Wen – the fortune-telling pig from Lloyd Alexander’s ‘The Chronicles of Prydian’
- Little pig Robinson – from Beatrix Potter’s novel of the same name
- Napoleon – the pig from George Orwell’s Animal Farm
- Old Major – from Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm’
- Peppa – from the children’s animation ‘Peppa Pig’
- Percy Porker – from the comic ‘Bobby Bear’
- Peter Porker – from the ‘Marvel Comics’
- Plopper – from ‘The Simpsons Movie’
- Professor Strangeport
- Pua – Moana’s pet pig from Disney’s ‘Moana’
- Tattoo – from ‘The Secret Life of Pets’
- Wilbur – from ‘Charlotte’s Web’ by E. B. White
And that concludes our list of pig names!
We hope you’ve found the perfect one to suit your pet Piglet, and that you have enjoyed exploring our suggestions!
If you haven’t quite found the one you are looking for, don’t despair.
There are plenty more ways to find great names, such as taking inspiration from the world around you, asking friends and family for help, and doing more research!
The perfect name for you is out there, so enjoy getting to know your new pet and discovering a great name to suit them.
If you have any more suggestions for brilliant names please leave them in the comments below.