Trying to think of a funny, side-splitting cat name? Look no fur-ther!
We have some pretty cat-astrophic names for your furry feline friend, which are purr-fect if they are a goofball.
In our article, we have over 150 cat names that will make your sides ache from laughing – they’re hiss-terical!
If you couldn’t tell, we are purr-ticularly fond of a play-on-words, so expect some punny names you can give to a black kitten, a ginger tom, and even a hairless Sphynx cat!
We hope you enjoy these funny cat names, even if they are groan-worthy and fur-midable…
Funny Male Cat Names
If your tomcat is partial to a bit of tomfoolery, then why not give them a funny tomcat name to match their wacky behavior – especially if they have a farcical purr-sonality!
We love adding puns to the names of celebrities and historical figures to make the funniest male cat titles we have ever heard.
Other great name ideas come from famous fictional characters, particularly if they are the complete opposite of your cat – try telling us naming your baby kitten ‘King Kong’ won’t grant you some funny looks!
- Lucifurr – for if your cat can be a bit of a devil at times
- Cat Stevens
- Fur-lando Bloom
- Jude Paw
- Hiss-tian Bale
- Colin Furr-ell
- Furr-ell Williams – perfect for a ‘Happy’ cat!
- Catman – although your cat won’t get along with a ‘Robin’ any time soon
- Hisspector Gadget
- George Meowchael – famous for his song ‘Careless Whisker’
- Ferris Mew-ller
- Butch Catsidy
- Leonardo DiCatprio
- Catrick Swayze
- Luke Sky-paw-ker
- Freddie Purr-cury
- Hairy Potter
- Wolverine – hopefully your furball’s claws aren’t as sharp as his
- David Meowie
- Elvis Pawsley
- Captain A-mew-rica
- Paul McCatney
- The Purr-minator
- Meowty McFly
- Tyler Purr-den
- Cat Damon
- Muse – A band famous for their cover of ‘Feline Good’
- Chace Clawford
Funny Female Cat Names
Does your female cat fancy herself to be a model, an actress or a famous writer?
Maybe her purrs are so rhythmically beautiful they rank #1 on a top 40 music chart for weeks on end.
Perhaps her grace and elegance make you believe she was descended from royalty. Then why not give her a name to match?
Like funny male cat names, we love to draw inspiration from female actresses, singers and historical figures.
There is no more fitting title for a cat than one that belonged to a queen.
- Meowly Cyrus – famous for her song ‘Cat be Tamed’!
- Katy Purry
- Kim Katdashian
- Tail-or Swift
- Cat Middleton
- Clawdia Winkleman
- Meowrilyn Monroe
- Catalie Portman
- Jennifurr Lawrence
- J K Meowling – we loved her book ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Az-cat-ban’!
- Cleopawtra – Ancient Egyptians worshipped cats, similar to modern-day cat owners
- Pawdrey Hepburn
- Catlyn Jenner
- Puma Thurman
- Cindy Clawford
- Mewla Kunis
- Gwyneth Pawtrow
- Mewriah Carey – famous for her song ‘All I Want For Kit-mas is You’
- Amy Pawhler
- Gigi Clawdid
- Margaret Cat-tcher
- Cat-herine the Great
- Kit-ney Spears
- Emilia Claw-rke
- Reese Whiskerspoon
Funny Girl Cat Names
Does your kitty belong on the big screen? Or purr-haps the pages of a book?
If you are certain that your feline friend would be a box office star, or on the cover of a bestseller, then give your cat the name of a female fictional character and make yourself smile every time you call her name!
You could even match your cat’s name to her purr-sonality – if she’s smarter than she looks then dress her in pink and call her something original; like Elle Woods!
Or, if she loves to explore then perhaps Lara Croft is a funny fitting title?
- Katniss Everdeen
- Daenerys – for if your cat prefers dragons over mice
- Princess Leia
- Lara Croft
- Black Widow
- Harley Quinn
- Clarice Starling
- Elsa – perfect for a snowy white cat
- Luna Lovegood
- Peggy Carter
- Elle Woods
- Cersei Lannister – perfect if your girl cat has a darker side
- Rapunzel – for if your cat has hair so long, someone could climb it!
- Lady Macbeth
- Leslie Knope
- Rachel Green
- Phoebe Buffay
Funny Boy Cat Names
Similar to funny girl cat names, you could summon a snicker by naming your tiny tomcat after some male fictional characters.
Whether you are a fan of Star Wars or Marvel, Lord of the Rings to classical literature, we have got you covered!
Give your cat a zany name to match their eccentric personality, we’re pawsitive your furry feline friend will stand out from the crowd with these punny names.
This list is great for if your cat wants to be the hero of the hour, so have him share a moniker with these purr-fect protagonists:
- Han Solo – perfect for if your furry friend is a loveable rascal
- The Great Catsby – great for a cat with a lavish party lifestyle
- Tony Stark
- Muffin Man – perfect if your cat is pure-bread!
- Doctor Who – similar to your cat, he also has nine lives! (and more)
- Indiana Jones
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Bruce Wayne
- Romeo – if you know a cat named Juliet then maybe he could whisker away!
- Jim Halpert
- Chandler Bing
- John Wick
- Severus Snape
- Poe Dameron
- Jamie Lannister
- Peter Parker
- Kelloggs – famous for their Mice Crispies
Funny Black Cat Names
The superstition goes that black cats are unlucky, so why not give them a funny name and push your luck even further?
The best names are inspired by fictional characters who belong on the ‘dark side’, so then your black feline can show all the other cats who is the biggest lion of the pack.
There’s no way a cat called ‘Tibbles’ won’t fear your dark, inky furball called ‘Darth Vader’, even if it makes all the humans chuckle.
- Morticia Addams
- Darth Vader
- Loki – perfect for a trouble-making kitty!
- Agent Smith – although you should start to worry if your cat starts to clone themselves like this famous character from The Matrix
- Jack Black – not a villain, but a fitting name!
- Kylo Ren
- Hans Gruber
- Doctor Evil
- Cruella de Vil
- Freddy Krueger
- Jaws – your cat may resemble a shark when it comes to bath time!
- Michael Myers
- Darth Maul
- Davy Jones
Funny Orange Cat Names
Why not name your orange cat after people with a similar color hair!
After all, if it worked for them, it’ll work for your gorgeous ginger furball.
Lots of Harry Potter related words are perfect for orange cats, as Hermione’s cat, Crookshanks has orange hair, and so did her best friend Ron!
Or perhaps if your cat is a huge music fan, name them after your favorite ginger musician – ‘Shape of You’ singer Ed Sheeran is a great choice.
There are also so many actors and actresses who share the same head of hair as your cat – where do we start…
- Ed Sheeran
- Prince Harry
- Seth Green
- Ewan McGregor
- Molly Ringwald
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Queen Elizabeth Tudor
- Emma Stone
- Amy Adams
- Eddie Redmayne
- Princess Ariel
- Florence Welch
- Haley Williams
- Domnhall Gleeson
- Sophie Turner
- Sansa Stark
- Karen Gillan
- Kevin McKidd
- Jean Grey
- Jessica Chastain
- Rupert Grint
- Isla Fisher
- Alyson Hannigan
- Kim Possible
- Jayma Mays
- Christina Hendricks
We hoped you loved this list of funny cat names, and maybe some of these laughable labels are a paw-ssibility for your pet.
Even if you don’t use any of these for your new kitten, maybe they’ll come in useful as a joke you can tell your friends.
Leave us a comment telling us if any of these names made you giggle, or even if any of them were worth an eye-roll.
If you have any other funny names you’d like to tell us about then also leave that in a comment, especially any claw-ver puns you have!