Ferrets are the cutest little creatures with their long bodies and furry tails. They have a certain charm about them that makes people fall in love instantly! If you are looking for the cutest unique ferret names, then look no further!
This post will introduce some of the best names for your pet. You can even use our list as inspiration to come up with your own creative name! So read on to learn more about these adorable furry friends!
Ferrets are intelligent creatures, and very quick to learn new tricks, much like dogs!
If you plan to get ferrets, you can keep them entertained with lots of puzzles, tunnels, and toys, but first, you need to choose a special name for your ferret.
Let’s get on to some famous, trendy, and cool ferret names for your cute little creatures.
Cute Names For Ferrets
If you have adopted a new ferret, then you must know how cute these furry animals are. They are cunning, fast runners who like to be active when they are awake. They have sleek, long bodies, which sometimes become hard to catch, just like a playful, slinky cat.
Their waddles are the sweetest things, along with their cute little nose. They are very precious pets with long whiskers that look amazing on them.
This post will help guide you through our list of best and unique ferret names for your furry little friend!
Cute Boy Names
Here are some of the cutest, sweetest names for your boy ferret.
If you’re aiming to have a bouncy furball that makes you SQUEEEE every time you say their name, you should choose a moniker that sounds super cute – just like your squishy companion!
- Dot – for a cute, dotty fellow.
- Aal – a noble name for a noble ferret.
- Dink – a name for a small ferret.
- Rowdy – an aggressive ferret.
- Daddyo – slang for a male ferret.
- Gad – a name for a happy ferret.
- Colt – means “a young horse.”
- Antic – an old name for an old soul.
- Domino – for a white/black ferret.
- Billy – for a fast learner.
- Jet – a name for a fast ferret.
- Gunner – what a cool name!
- Boru – from a Spiderman series.
- Gonzo – from “The Muppets.”
- Ace – genius.
- Sash – if he has belt-like markings.
- Swindler – a ferret who does tricks.
- Barney – means “son of comfort.”
- Lamar – Arabic for “liquid gold.”
- Chance – a lucky ferret.
- Sunny – a happy soul.
- Kai – it means ocean in Hawaiian.
- Fergie – an ideal name for a strong ferret.
- Dash – for a fast and quick ferret.
- Pierce – a firm name for a strong ferret.
- Abe – father of many children.
- Homer – a serious-natured ferret; after the Greek philosopher.
- Jolly – a fun name for a jolly ferret.
Cute Girl Names
These are all great options that could be perfect for your cute girl ferret! Read on if this sounds like something you are looking forward to having, just like your fluffy animal friend.
- Iggy – a cute name for a female ferret.
- Momo – a silly name for your female.
- Eve – meaning “life” and a good name for your first female.
- Chava – this name means “life.”
- Dawn – it means “sunrise;” a good name for an early riser.
- Ivory – for a ferret with ivory feet.
- Gigi – a pretty cool name.
- Copper – good for an orange or brown-colored ferret.
- Lala – Bulgarian name meaning “tulip.”
- Buttons – for a cute lady ferret.
- Joy – a happy ferret.
- Ina – it means “purity.”
- Efrem – means “doubly fruitful.”
- Ada – excellent for a girl ferret.
- Itsy (Bitsy) – a name for a small ferret.
- Koko – it means “black;” good for a dark ferret.
- Bella – ideal for a white ferret.
- Marshmallow – got a cuddler?
- Cheery – a cute name for a happy ferret.
- Cai – means “colorful” in Chinese.
Names For Good Ferrets
Ferrets need companionship, and they are very friendly, but some ferrets are extra special because of their unique personality.
Ferrets also learn things very quickly and play cute tricks with you – they are the good girls and good boys who listen to you and try to do what you want them to do.
Here are some really good names for your ferret.
Good Boy Names
Are you getting a new companion? Or just tired of your ferret’s name? Luckily, I have compiled a list that is sure to help with any problems or issues that may arise when searching for new names.
- Crackle – from Rice Krispies.
- Bonnie – after a renowned criminal.
- Calvin – a comic character.
- Alvin – from Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Patrick – an exciting name for a ferret.
- Buzz – from Toy Story.
- Harry – from Harry Potter.
- Ron – a character from Harry Potter.
- Watson – from Sherlock Holmes.
- Clyde – after a renowned criminal.
- Simon – from Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Snap – from Rice Krispies.
- Goofy – a Walt Disney character.
- Woody – from Toy Story.
- Mickey – a Walt Disney character.
- Kodo – a ferret from The Beastmaster.
- Theodore – from Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Scooby – from Scooby-Doo.
- Bruno – a vibrant and edgy name.
- Leo – for a brave ferret.
- Podo – a ferret from The Beastmaster.
- Donald – a Walt Disney character.
- Holmes – from Sherlock Holmes; a famous investigator.
- Shaggy – from Scooby-Doo.
- Hobbes – a comic character.
Good Girl Names
Ferrets are unique, intelligent animals that make fantastic pets. They have a very endearing personality, and they love to play!
If you’re thinking about getting a ferret as your next pet, here are some names to look through when choosing the perfect moniker for your lady ferret.
- Kierra – perfect for a good girl.
- Gracie – a name for an obedient girl.
- Blossom – from The Powerpuff Girls.
- Minnie – a Walt Disney character.
- Hermione – from Harry Potter.
- Bubbles – from The Powerpuff Girls.
- Lily – after the flower.
- Buttercup – from The Powerpuff Girls.
- Marshall – from How I Met Your Mother.
- Quinn – from Suicide Squad.
- Pop – from Rice Krispies.
- Lilypad – a name from How I Met Your Mother.
- Sunny – a bright and happy name.
- Cheery – for a fun-loving ferret.
Funny Ferret Names
Ferrets so often have a funny personality, especially when they do funny things that make you laugh a lot.
Their playtime is full of entertaining activities for them, which bring waves of laughter for you!
In his case, your ferret needs a funny name to match their character, which perfectly suits their humorous personality.
- Brainer – for an intelligent ferret.
- Flip Flop
- Bumper – a ferret who hits things.
- Chuckles – ideal for a noisy furball.
- Buck – for the friendly type.
- Buddy – for your buddy.
- Fast (and Furious) – a great duo name.
- Cowboy – for a rootin’ tootin’ rodent!
- Bustle – perfect for that restless ferret.
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Bear – cute and funny.
- Bandit – got a tricky escape artist?
- Bounce – says it all!
- Beady – just like its adorable eyes!
- Chatty – for a ferret who talks (a lot).
Names By Color
Like cats, ferrets come in many unique color that make them more adorable, along with different markings, too. There are up to eight ferret colors.
- Gray: a mixture of black and brown with cream undercoat.
- Blonde: white hair with pink nose.
- Black: black hair with a white undercoat and black eyes.
- White: white fur with black eyes.
- Champagne: tan hair with cream undercoat and burgundy eyes.
- Cinnamon: reddish-brown fur with golden undercoat.
- Chocolate: warm brown fur with white undercoat.
- Sable: deep brown coat with golden undercoat.
Along with different color fur, ferrets’ noses can be brick red, brown-T (pink with a brown T-shape), beige, or pink with a unique combination of patches, spots, and speckles.
The pink nose is found on the cinnamon-colored variety and is least popular for shows. Yes, ferret shows are a thing!
Names For a White Ferret
Here are some beautiful names for these cute things based on their white color.
- Bella – ideal for a white female.
- Dawn – Like the sunrise.
- Snow White
- Milk – a gender-neutral name.
Names For a Blonde Ferret
Here are some cute names for your new furry little blonde pal.
- Blanco – Spanish for “blonde.”
- Rubia – it is also a Spanish name for blonde that means beautiful.
- Arjun – it means “light” in Sanskrit.
- Butters – the name is perfect for female and male both.
- Casper – rather ghostly!
Names For a Gray/Brown Ferret
Ferrets are fierce little creatures that can often be difficult to name. I’ve got some of the best and unique ferret names for your gray/brown furry friends so that you can find the perfect one.
- Sandy – a cute gray name.
- Mocha – cute name for a coffee-colored ferret.
- Chocolate – self-explanatory!
- Muddy – Muddy my buddy!
- Hershey – adorable brown name.
- Coal – perfect name for a dark gray ferret.
- Carbon – the main element in coal.
- Cola – works for brown as well as black.
- Brun – it means “brown” in Swedish.
Ferrets come in every color and pattern possible! They also have a variety of personalities which can make it hard to choose just one name for them.
These lists contain all of the other great names that would fit easily into the categories above for your furry little friend. We wish you good luck with finding your perfect match!
Female Ferret Names
Ferret girls can share names with humans too, as you’ll see in this next collection. These names have a balance of charm and class; that is exactly what a girl wants, and this is what will click with your female ferret’s personality.
Here are some beautiful names for your ferret girl.
Male Ferret Names
As you’ve just seen, female ferret’s can have common human names too. The exact same goes for male ferrets too!
You’ll notice that some of these names match their personality, whether from association or just the sound of them.
Here is a mixture of names that are cool, cute, tough, and classy. Just choose the name that fits the character of your ferret!
Ferrets are furry and adorable little creatures just like kittens, and I know how important it is to find just the right name for them both.
I hope I have helped with this list of awesome ferret names that I gathered from across the internet!
If you don’t see your favorite on here, be sure to comment below so I can add them too!