Does your dog look best with dark shades, leaning out of a car window, with their fur blowing in the wind?
Is your puppy an enigmatic mystery – no one knows what secrets they hide but are still inexplicably drawn to them anyway?
Then that solves it, you have yourself a cool dog… and you need a cool dog name!
These puppies are once in a lifetime, no matter where you take them, they inevitably show you up by just being cooler than you!
These perfect pooches need cool dog names to match their superior and aloof demeanor, so here is a list of the coolest dog names that you could give to your captivating canine.
Best 10 Cool Dog Names
- Rebel – the perfect choice if your dog loves to defy authority and follow their own rules. Other words with similar meanings could be ‘Anarchist’ and ‘Trouble’
- Black Widow – a member of the Avengers, portrayed by Scarlett Johansson, she is known for her fiery red hair, black clothing, and her cool, epic fighting skills. She was trained as a spy, so it would probably be a bad idea to oppose her!
- Phoenix – these mythological creatures are known for their ability to rise from their ashes, rendering them immortal. This makes a cool dog name for any furry friend that doesn’t let anything get them down, and always manages to get back up even when they fall
- Yoda – this moniker is for a dog whose wisdom makes them cool, as Yoda is a wise creature, giving life-changing advice in a very unique way
- Bane – portrayed by Tom Hardy in The Dark Knight Rises, Bane is Batman’s enemy. His brute strength and almost genius-like intelligence is what makes him a threat, not to mention his intimidating appearance, such as the mask that obscures his face
- Enigma – what can we say about this – it’s a mystery! A dog with a nickname like ‘Enigma’ has a hidden, mysterious personality and you can often find them skulking away in secret…
- Bentley – if you want to name your pooch after a cool car company, Bentley is the brand to go with. They are a luxury motor manufacturer, originally from Britain, and would peg your dog as rich, posh, and cool!
- V – the main character in V for Vendetta, this character is the epitome of anarchy and rebellion, exposing the evils of the government and their wrongdoings in society. This is the best choice for a rebellious and mischievous dog that regularly goes against what you tell them to do!
- Raven – one of the best cool dog names for a female black dog. Ravens are synonymous with mystery and intrigue, there have to be at least six ravens kept at the Tower of London at all times, or else ‘the crown will fall and Britain with it’!
- Vito – the main protagonist in The Godfather films, first played by Marlon Brando and then by Robert De Niro. Vito is the definition of ‘mafia boss’ and someone that you should be intimidated by. Perfect for a large dog, such as a Great Dane or a Doberman, that makes you feel slightly intimidated even standing next to it!
List Of Cool Dog Names
|No Name||‘The Man With No Name’ is the name of the character played by Clint Eastwood in ‘A Fistful of Dollars’, ‘For A Few Dollars More’ and ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’|
|Max||Mad Max is an iconic character. The star of multiple dystopian and post-apocalyptic films, Max is bent on revenge and taking down the evil people at the top of these war-stricken societies|
|Robin||Robin Hood is a well-known classic tale, adapted in many different ways. He is renowned for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, and his gentle generosity but badass fighting skills makes for the best cool dog name|
|Blaze||a name inspired by a hot and wild fire, this title would be perfect for a golden or red-headed dog with a rebellious and untamed streak|
|Roman||the ancient Romans were known for their crazy leaders and aggressive brutality – you’ve probably heard of the Colosseum, the arena where the Romans had people either fight each other, or vicious animals|
|Iron Man||Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, is a ‘genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist’ in his own words. Not content with being ridiculously rich and ridiculously intelligent, he also had to become one of the world’s most famous superheroes. Also Iron or Man make really cool dog names|
|Morticia||perfect for a pitch-black dog, Morticia Addams is the matriarch within the Addams family. She has a cool, dark demeanour and she seems full of mystery and secrets|
|Aragorn||portrayed by Viggo Mortensen, this Lord of the Rings character is one of the coolest to have graced our screens. If an Orc showed up in our back yard, we’d trust a dog named Aragorn to take it down|
|Ice||you can’t get cooler than Ice! A pet with this cool dog name is cooler than a cucumber, lives in an igloo and could fit in with the penguins in Antarctica|
|Lisbeth||Lisbeth Salander is one of the main characters in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You can tell she’s cool from a mile away, with her dark, punk-rock hairstyle and her subversive dress style, Lisbeth is not afraid to exact revenge on the people who have wronged her|
|Cyclops||a race of one-eyed monsters in Greek mythology, these beastly villains are renowned for their brute strength and unique lack of an eyeball. This would be a fantastic choice for a crazy and unique pooch, even if they do have two eyes!|
|Peggy||Peggy Carter, from Agents of SHIELD and the Captain America series, is cool, calm and collected and proves that you cannot underestimate a girl in an army of men. She earns respect from everyone around her and it’s impossible not to love her|
|Leonardo||inspired by one of the biggest geniuses in history, Leonardo da Vinci, who is most known for being the artist of one of the most famous paintings ever, The Mona Lisa. Da Vinci was also an inventor, mathematician, astronomer, architect, sculptor, amongst many other things|
|Deckard||played by Harrison Ford in the cult film, Blade Runner. Rick Deckard is effortlessly cool, possibly because of the mysteries and secrets that surround him, so would make the perfect name for an enigmatic dog|
|Bandit||any dog named Bandit is notorious for not abiding by the rules, like their namesake, gun-toting, aggressive outlaws that even intimidate the Sheriffs. A great choice for a puppy that refuses to ever learn and abide by the rules|
|Potter||Harry Potter, the chosen one, can defeat the world’s worst villain even as a baby. The main protagonist in the wizarding series, by JK Rowling, Harry Potter is one of the coolest teenagers ever|
|Groot||one of the Guardians of the Galaxy, with a limited vocabulary and phrase book, Groot cares about his family and friends and is willing to sacrifice himself for them. Perfect for a small and cute dog that, no matter what they do, they will always be cool in our hearts|
|Harley||inspired by the American motorcycle company, Harley Davidson. Known for their cool orange logo, suave leather jackets and speedy motorbikes, this name would be great for a typical ‘bad boy’ pooch that turns heads wherever they go|
|Dragon||what’s cooler than a fire-breathing dragon! A dog with this moniker can sometimes be a bit of a hot-head, but their fiery will-power and determination leaves us in awe every time|
|Kirk||Captain Kirk, or James T. Kirk, is one of the main characters from the Star Trek franchise. He is brave, noble, heroic and charismatic, saving everyone from imminent danger and wooing them all too… one of the best cool dog names we can think of|
|Cersei||a main character in the Game of Thrones TV show, Cersei will stop at nothing to get her own way and bring down her enemies. Morals aren’t her strong point, but we still think she’s intimidatingly cool. The perfect name for a badass female dog who loves her family, and will do anything to protect them|
|Optimus Prime||one of the main characters in the Transformers franchise, he is a Transformer himself and the leader of the Autobots. He has a strong moral conscience and sets out to defeat his evil enemies. This is a great choice for a tough dog with special and unique abilities|
|Gatsby||a mysterious man with lots of money and the ability to throw a swinging party, Jay Gatsby is the protagonist of F Scott Fitzgerald’s ‘The Great Gatsby’ and portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in the later movie adaptation. A fantastic nickname for a pooch that loves being the center of attention and loves parties|
|Jagger||inspired by the famous Rolling Stones frontman, Mick Jagger. This would be perfect for a dog that oozes coolness from just the way they look. From musical legend to heavenly heartthrob, it is the perfect cool dog name|
|Superman||from geeky Clark Kent to the uber cool Superman who gets his powers from the rays of the sun, this choice would be perfect for a heroic dog who looks fantastic in a red cape, and can use a pair of black-rimmed glasses as a fool-proof disguise|
|Star-Lord||one of the main characters in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. He is funny, goofy and charming, with a deep love for retro music. This name would be perfect for a heroic pup whose goofiness doesn’t stop them being cool|
|Donnie||Donnie Darko, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal in the movie of the same title, is having weird hallucinations and visions. He has the foreboding, mysterious demeanour that makes him eerily cool, so the perfect namesake for an angsty but interestingly unique pup|
|Ace||like the ace of any suit of cards, the ace usually is one of the best cards in a deal, meaning that any pooch coined Ace is automatically a winner! If you had multiple dogs, you could name the others King, Queen and Jack|
|Titan||a race of heroes and divine beings in Greek mythology, the Titans were known as powerful, commanding and not people you would want to get on the wrong side of… but at least your dog doesn’t have any god-like powers to terrify you with|
|Tyler||Tyler Durden, played by Brad Pitt in the movie Fight Club, is an anarchist with no attachment to regular society. He is out to rouse trouble, mischief and mayhem, so would be a perfect name for a dog that doesn’t always do as you tell them…|
|Wednesday||Wednesday Addams, like her mother, is also cool and enigmatic, both of them characterised by their coldness. Wednesday has a constant contemptuous resting face, unless she is doing something wicked|
We hope you loved this list of cool dog names.
From the greatest fictional characters to ethereal and divine mythological beings and luxury brands, there is a name to match every effortlessly cool dog you may know!
If you have selected a few favorite cool dog names from this list, then be sure to let us know in the comments, and if you have a cool dog yourself then we’d love to know what their name is.
From the many dog breeds out there and all their unique quirks, personality traits, and skills, we’re certain that dogs are the coolest household animal!