From Border Collies, Boston Terriers, and Miniature Schnauzers to Great Danes and Siberian Huskies, dogs with fluffy piebald coats come in many shapes and sizes.
If you are looking for names for black and white dogs to highlight their beautiful two-toned pattern, then you have come to the right place!
We have collected over 300 of the best black and white dog names taking inspiration from monochromatic board games, famous movie stars from black and white films and other black and white pets!
Our favorite monikers are Oreo, Crossword, Mickey, Blackbeard, Cruella, Badger and Panda… check out our full list of over 375 below:
Male Black and White Dog Names
If your monochrome puppy is fearless and brave then a title like Thor, or even Dracula, will suit them down to the ground (which isn’t very far if they are a tiny Chihuahua).
However, we also have an array of unique names, which are derived from meanings in other languages.
They would be perfect for any black and white male dog with a distinctive fur coat, the best has got to be Crossword!
a word puzzle on a black and white grid, which involves figuring out words from vague clues
- Astaire – Fred Astaire was a famous dancer, singer and actor in monochrome Hollywood films
- Blackbeard – an infamous pirate who captured ships and stole money, but hopefully your piebald pooch will be better behaved than this!
- Blake – an Old English title meaning ‘dark meadow’
- Blanco – ‘white’ in Galician
- Colden – ‘dark valley’
- Coleridge – ‘dark ridge’
- Cosmo – another choice from the universe
- Delaynie – ‘a dark challenger from the woods’
- Dougal – a Celtic word meaning ‘dark stranger’
- Dracula – a fictional vampire created by Bram Stoker in 1897
- Lugobi – ‘a light in the dark’
- Mickey – one of the most famous Disney characters
- Minas – ‘bright light in darkness’
- Nero – ‘black’ in Italian
- Noir – ‘black’ in French
- Osprey – also known as a sea hawk or river hawk
- Pango – ‘black’ in Maori
- Preto – ‘black’ in Portuguese
- Razor – the Razorbill is a piebald seabird
- Schwarz – ‘black’ in German
- Sullivan – an Irish word meaning ‘dark eyes’
- Thor – the God of thunder in Norse mythology
- Tux – a shortened version of Tuxedo
- Tynan – an Irish boy’s name meaning ‘dark’
- Valais – a breed of blacknose sheep
- Zwart – ‘black’ in Dutch
Female Black and White Dog Names
A female monochrome dog deserves only the most beautiful and majestic title to suit their special and elegant fur coat.
We’ve picked a handful of titles that have meanings related to darkness and light in other languages, along with graceful animals and characters that also have a similar coloring to your dog.
Cruella de Vil is the main villain in Disney’s most well-known movie about black and white dogs
- Adelie – a well-known species of penguin
- Alba – ‘white’ in Latin
- Arianna – a girl’s name derived from Latin
- Bela – ‘white’ in Slovenian
- Beltza – ‘black’ in Basque
- Bianca – ‘white’ in Italian
- Bijela – ‘white’ in Croatian
- Blakely – a girl’s name meaning ‘pale meadow’
- Brunhild – ‘dark’ and ‘noble’
- Cahya – ‘one who is the light in the darkness’
- Darcelle – ‘dark’ and ‘determined’
- Dee – ‘dark and sacred goddess’
- Diamond – an extremely precious and sought-after gemstone
- Ebony – a black hardwood
- Eleena – ‘one who shines even during darkness’
- Esmeray – a girl’s name meaning ‘a dark moon’
- Fari – ‘white’ in Hausa
- Gwyn – ‘white’ in Welsh
- Harp – the harp seal is usually all white with a black nose and black eyes
- Joti – a moniker meaning ‘candle; light; one who removes darkness’
- Kiara – ‘a woman with raven-black, dark hair
- Laela – ‘a woman who is dark-haired and beautiful
- Luna – a girl’s name meaning ‘moon’
- Madow – ‘black’ in Somali
- Minnie – another famous Disney character
- Swan – an elegant white bird
- Vella – ‘white’ in Albanian
- Warbler – another black and white bird
- Zuri – ‘white’ in Basque
Names For a Black and White Dog
Why not highlight the uniqueness of your dog’s piebald fur by giving them a zany and quirky name to match?
With a name like Barcode or Sushi, no one will ever forget your pup’s moniker, and you will always smile whenever you call it!
used in games to generate a random number, and typically comes in black and white
- 8-Ball – a monochrome ball in pool
- Apollo – a famous figure in Greek mythology
- Badger – another piebald animal recognised by its trademark fur
- Blot – perfect for a white dog with random black inkblot-like splodges
- Carbon – this is a black substance that can be used to make diamonds
- Clubs – one of the black suits in a deck of playing cards
- Ermine – the name for a weasel which has a white coat and often a black patch on the end of its tail
- Jett – a dark, black gemstone
- Keyboard – a musical keyboard
- Peanuts – a comic strip which features a black and white cartoon dog
- Raven – a mysterious black bird which is often associated with prophecy and foreboding
- Skunk – another well-known black and white animal
- Sushi – a famous Japanese dish
- Yin-Yang – an aspect of Chinese philosophy, featuring a black and white symbol
Best Black and White Dog Names
These best black and white dog names are for the sophisticated monochromatic pup.
With a name like Audrey, your dog could also have breakfast at Tiffany’s, although we’re not sure if dog food would be on the menu…
another black and white animal, although we’re sure no dog can climb a tree like a Panda!
- Audrey – Audrey Hepburn was a famous actress in the Golden Age of Hollywood
- Charlie – Charlie Chaplin was one of the most famous actors and filmmakers of the silent film era, known for its black and white movies
- Checkers – a game played on a black and white board
- Harlequin – a traditional character in pantomimes
- Ivory – a white material that is often used for the keys of a piano
- Lightning – a flash of light across an often dark and cloudy sky
- Orca – also known as the killer whale, these large and possibly dangerous sea creatures are known for being black and white
- Oreo – the most delicious black and white cookie around!
- Perdita – the mother of the puppies in Disney’s 101 Dalmatians
- Tapir – some species, such as the Malayan Tapir, are black and white
- Zebra – are they black with white stripes, or white with black stripes?
Top 50 Black and White Dog Names
Here we have the top 50 black and white dog names, perfect for any pooch with a two-toned coat.
Perhaps you want to emphasize their dark side with a name like Darth Vader. Remember, these pooches are not afraid to use force to get a dog treat from you!
Or maybe your canine likes to act out the process of getting their leash on, to show you they want to go walkies, in which case, Mime would be a perfect choice.
a black and white cartoon dog, which belongs to Charlie Brown in the comic strip Peanuts
- Ace – the ace of spades and clubs are both monochrome cards
- Chocolate Chip
- Clef – a black musical note
- Cookies n Cream – a scrumptious black and white dessert!
- Darth Vader – the main villain of the original Star Wars series
- Garbo – Greta Garbo was one of the most famous stars of Hollywood’s monochrome silent era
- Lemur – a piebald mammal native to the island of Madagascar
- Magpie – another piebald bird
- Mime – a performer who acts out a story using gestures
- Obsidian – a deep, black volcanic glass
- Onyx – black Onyx is a protective stone
- Penguin – a black and white bird that can swim better than any Dalmatian!
- Salt n Pepper
- Slate – a dark rock which often comes from volcanic ash
- Zorro – this famous fictional character often sports a black outfit
If you have enjoyed this list of black and white dog names, don’t forget to leave us a comment letting us know which one was your favorite!
Feel free to tell us the name of your black and white dog too – we’d love to know!
If you know anyone else who has an affinity for a dog that is neither all black nor all white but instead both at once, then be sure to send them this list and hopefully make them smile at the same time.